Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A True Guide to Making Money with Your Blog | GROWMAP.COM

A True Guide to Making Money with Your Blog | GROWMAP.COM

A True Guide to Making Money with Your Blog

November 17, 2010 · 51 comments

This is a guest post by Stephanie Suesan Smith.

I am relatively new to blogging, having started seriously this spring. However, I have all ready been inundated with get rich quick schemes, all of which were rip-offs. Fortunately, I had mentors such as Gail from Growmap.com to steer me away from those people. She gives her expertise away for free.

This is why when she recommended the Income Blogging Guide Course by Andrew Rondeau and Joel Williams, I took notice. This is a 26 week course that starts with picking a host site for your blog and continues through all the things you need to do to make money. You get one lesson a week, so you do not get overwhelmed.

I had to think hard before signing up for this course. It is $97 a month for six months. That is a lot of money to me. I didn’t have anything to sell, and wasn’t sure I could really make money blogging about gardening. Besides, I had a blog, so thought this might be too elementary for me.

Well, the lessons are very clearly explained. However, the first lesson on how to tune the plugins on your blog was worth the $97 for the month. It made that much difference in how my blog worked. I would never have figured out all those check boxes and settings on my own.

I am on lesson 10 and have found something useful in every lesson. They are getting harder now because they deal with marketing, developing products and autoresponders — things I have little experience with. Still, things are clearly explained and I am not getting overwhelmed. Busy, but not overwhelmed.

If you would like to see part of what the course teaches, head over to my vegetable gardening blog and take a look. If you sign up for my mailing list, you can download my book, Preparing a Vegetable Garden From the Ground Up for free. If you are averse to mailing lists, the book is for sale for $2.99.

No comments: