Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Battery Issues Likely Cause of iPhone 3GS Overheating | Gadget Lab | Wired.com


"As soon as I upgraded the software to 4.0.1, the phone started to heat up tremendously and the battery ran down super fast. By 11:00 am, I was at 49 percent battery and on below 20 percent by 3 p.m. I called my friend at AT & T and he told me to turn off multi-tasking. I double tapped the home button to get to the multitasking window. I saw a couple of dozen programs were all running at once. I held one of the icons of the running programs and they all displayed a round red "-" sign. I shut down each program manually by touching the round red "-" sign. NOW, my battery lasts much longer. Programs keep running when you hit the home button and must be shut down manually this way."

No comments: